Signpost is an innovative digital initiative providing the humanitarian community with a platform to reach refugees, asylum seekers and crisis-affected communities around the world with accessible information. Signpost programming will take a holistic approach to address information needs in Kakuma, Hagadera (Dabaab) and Nairobi. Signpost is a useful information resource for people in need fosters more in-depth community, more trust, and, most importantly, more utility for its users.
IRC is seeking a Moderator to be based in Nairobi under the direct supervision of a Senior Editorial Officer. The Moderator will be responsible for communicating directly with Signpost users daily, replying to comments, messages, and questions.
- Engage users in conversations online based on the guidelines
- Reply to messages and comments received on Signpost social media channels with the help of Signpost team and moderation guidelines.
- Collaborate with Senior Editorial Officers, service mapping officer, Signpost manager and protection teams to develop thorough, vetted, well-researched answers
- Feedback on representative and noteworthy comments and write an analysis of the day’s communications (including responses to posts, trends in conversation and information gaps).
- Share insights, feedback, cultural awareness, contextual knowledge, and learning with the wider team on an ongoing basis.
- Analyse information gaps amongst the affected populations to feed into future content creation.
- Keep up to date with all the new information put out on an ongoing basis and attend regular trainings as required.
- Follow protocol to escalate any communication from vulnerable cases to Protection team.
- Experience working with refugees, asylum seekers, displaced persons, refugee hosting communities
- At least one year of experience working with social medial platforms
- Typing speed of at least 30 words per minute
- Knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook
- Ability to act with discretion, integrity, and diplomacy
- An understanding of the power and importance of accurate information and the ability to exercise strong judgement in ensuring all answers are accurate.
- High emotional intelligence
- Diploma or advanced relevant technical (e.g. media, journalism, communication) qualifications
- Advanced Kiswahili and English language skills, oral and written
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as, an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels.